FlightGear - Création d'avions et autres / Creation of aircraft and other

Vous désirez aider à améliorer les avions de Hangar de Helijah, c'est ici que cela se passe / You would like to help improving aircraft from Helijah's hangar, this is where it happens

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 2012-02-28 03:31:40

connect
Nouveau membre

Greetings, do you wish to connect?

Hello there,

I'm guessing this section of the forum is for introducing one's self, so here goes;

Name:
Sam Clancy

Callsign:
VH-VOZ,
MIA0004 (for Merlion, of which I am president) and,
FG-AUS (when filming for my YouTube channel, flightgearaustralia)

Operating bases:
YBBN- Brisbane International Airport, my local airport. (not the closest, YRED is the closest, but is GA only, and I don't fly GA as much as airliners)
ELLX- Luxembourg Findel Airport, one of my favourite airports in FG.
YWLM- RAAF Base Williamtown/Necastle Airport (shared facility), I lived in Newcastle for 10 years and I also consider this my "local" for that reason.
LOWI- Innsbruck Airport. I don't think I have to say why.
OMDB- Dubai International, great spot for hops in an airliner. I've flown many a flight to OMAA (Abu Dhabi) but Kuwait, Bahrain, Doha, Riyadh, Tehran and Baghdad, all major cities, aren't too far away in a large jet wink

Experience:
Approx 700hrs for Merlion Virtual Airlines
Approx 15hrs, combining other virtual airlines in FG that I've flown for
Approx 250hrs independently
Approx 6hrs on mine and a friends Round the World flight (is incomplete, check the Multiplayer Events forum at the FG Forums)

My creations:
LYPG- Podgorica Airport, serving the city of Podgorica in Montenegro.
ATR-42- Liveries and major tester.
Airbus A330-200- officially released by TheOmegaHangar, projet started by me, fair amount of development by me. Latter versions primarily made by Narendran ("owner" of TheOmegaHangar)
Airbus A350-900- not released yet. Exterior 3D model is complete. Malik Guest (tehwarlock) and I are working on a realsitic cockpit and realistic systems. Will utilise some code from the new 787-8 by Omega95, Redneck, Thorsten, Hooray, Jentron et al. for the EFB and CDU.
The Brisbane Project- A major long term project undertaken by FlightGear Australia and Malik Guest. "FGA" is me, Lachlan Bruce (spitfirebruce21) and Drew Gibson (usually VH-TIT, is not involved on any FG forum) that will bring the whole city of Brisbane (and closely linked Logan, Redcliffe, Caboolture, Pine Rivers and Ipswich cities/shires) up to a standard higher than Paris. With models for ALL major landmarks, generic houses, accurate terrain, (hopefully) photorealistic terrain, and accurately made OSM roads for all the major arterials.
Liveries: plenty of them. Not all are placed for download, and many get lost on my computer. (It gets hectic) Check them out at http://www.flightgearaustralia.yolasite.com along with other things I have made.
Updating of the Airbus A320-family FDM- originally only for the A319-131 for a video, now incorporates ALL aircraft in the family.

What I can do:
Fly. wink No experience at Nasal, not too good with XML, alright at 3D modelling. I want to learn more though so I can contribute more to the FlightGear project.

My dreams:
In Queensland, Australia (each state has a different education system) you get an "OP" or Overall Position when you finish school, from 1 to 25. The OP you receive determines what kind of courses you can do at univeristy, the lower the number the better. For more advanced degrees, such as Law (OP2 at the highest rated uni in the state) or Med School, OP5 depending on course, you'll need to perform very VERY well.
I wish to become a pilot, there are 2 uni's offering the degree in the state. I need an Op12 to get into the Bachelor of Aviation at Griffith University, 4 years with honours and a Commercial Airline Pilots License with me. As you'd guess, I want to be an airline pilot, preferably in Europe some place.

Ways to contact me;
Search Sam Clancy on Facebook, I'll be the guy with an iPod in front of me with a baby on my shoulders living in Brisbane, Australia wink
Add the.names.sam on Skype.
Comment, rate, favourite, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/flightgearaustralia.
If you see my callsign on MP, come join me.

This is all I can think of at time of posting.

Cheers,
Sam.

Dernière modification par connect (2012-02-28 21:01:23)

#2 2012-02-28 08:51:22

Helijah
Administrateur
Lieu : Chartres
Site Web

Re : Greetings, do you wish to connect?

Hi Sam

Welcome here smile I have add a link to your Website in my link page ( Link page english )

Regards Emmanuel

Quelques avions pour FlightGear
http://helijah.free.fr

#3 2012-02-28 11:06:05

connect
Nouveau membre

Thanks Emmanuel, I apologise now that most of my posts will be English. Unfortunately I only know VERY minimal French, due to a short trip to the Frech territory of Nouvelle Caledonie last year.

I may end up using Google translate, but I don't see myself making too many posts on this forum.

Anyways...
Cheers,
Sam.

#4 2012-02-28 17:36:50

Helijah
Administrateur
Lieu : Chartres
Site Web

No problem for English smile

I could use google on my side lol

Regards. Emmanuel