FlightGear - Création d'avions et autres / Creation of aircraft and other

Vous désirez aider à améliorer les avions de Hangar de Helijah, c'est ici que cela se passe / You would like to help improving aircraft from Helijah's hangar, this is where it happens

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 2015-05-08 15:30:18

Didier1963
Developpeur
Lieu : Bordeaux

Eclipse 550 tuto N°2 : Modeling the inside body

Here we are,
we made the outside body of our Eclipse 550, so we will use it to create the inside of the plane.

Once again, there are few ways to do it, I'll show two of them.

The most difficult is to get the outside edges, match the inside edges.

We can make a copy of the body object and put it in a different layer :
Right clic to select the object, double clic in the left transform column (or Shift d), "m" and clic to the layer where you want to put your copy of the body.

Clic down to select the layer where you just move the body copy.

Edit your object, select all vertices's.

Then you can do it in 2 different way, depend how the body is complex,

Rename your copy of the body object in "Interior".

I ) Extrusion
Go on side view, zoom to have ether the nose or the tail as big as possible on the screen,
Extrude and reduce little bit on "x" axe for about few centimeter (0.05 blender unit would be 5cm).
Go on top view, zoom to see one of the side as big as possible on the screen,
reduce from few centimeter on "y" axe,
Go on front view, zoom to see the top of the body as big as possible on the screen,
reduce from few centimeter on "z" axe.

Why didn't we use "s"?
Because the size change is proportional so it would have change too much in one axe or not enough in an other.

Now, go on face mode, and select all the windows and doors border.
Hit "p" and choose "separate", go back in object mode and select this new "border" object,
Check the normals direction and inverse it if necessary, then apply a texture, rename it in "Borders".

Select again your interior object, inverse the normals direction, apply a texture.

Select all the windows edges from the Interior object, duplicate them and separate them from the object, name them in "InsideWindows",

Go back on object mode and select your new InsideWindows object,
Select each window edge one by one and make a face :
Select all vertices's from one window edge, extrude them, merge them to center, or
Select the left edge, select the right edge, and use "Bridge Edge Loops".
Do it for all windows,
Go in the Property/Material menu, make new material and name it "Transparent",
Go little bit down in "Transparency" setup and tick it, change the alpha value to about 0.02 (you can change it later if your windows are too transparent or not enough).
Normally, you don't need to apply any texture on it.

I use to create a transparent texture file in .png from 32x32 and apply it to all my instruments glass, and all my windows, just to be sure that the object will have a texture and will not mess around my .ac export.

We are almost done, just need to delete the vertices's from the former body object, from our Inside object.

II) Duplicate
Make a 2nd copy of your Interior object,
Edit edit , select all vertices's, and reduce the same way as above.
Reverse the normals direction and apply a texture.

But with this way, you will have to play to make the junction between the body object and the Interior object, unless you make an other copy of your body object, join it to your Interior object, select the windows/doors edge and use the "Bridge Edge Loops" tool.
Then, you'll have to select these new border and separate them.

Et voilà, our inside walls are done.

We separate the border object to avoid to get them "rounded" by Blender during the rendering.

I use an other way, in view to avoid too much object for my future animation (doors for instance), after I have created my borders, I join them back to my external door object.
We just have to be sure that we use the same texture file.

Few screen-shots and details to show how to invert the normals to come soon..........................

Pourquoi cet avatar : il a réussi à les arrêter LUI au moins.......
Amicalement, Didier, Poitiers 86; LFBI alt 129m, 46°35'22.9"N 0°18'32.7"E
"Ils ne savaient pas que c'était impossible, alors ils l'on fait" Marc Twain

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par FluxBB 1.4.8