FlightGear - Création d'avions et autres / Creation of aircraft and other

Vous désirez aider à améliorer les avions de Hangar de Helijah, c'est ici que cela se passe / You would like to help improving aircraft from Helijah's hangar, this is where it happens

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 2015-02-11 15:34:40

Didier1963
Developpeur
Lieu : Bordeaux

Eclipse 550 tuto N°1 : Modeling the outside body

Come regulary to this message#1 as I will edit it each time to avoid to spread all explaination in each following messages.

[LAST EDIT March 29th 2015]

I think I will repeat most of what is on Emmanuel tutorial **, but this one is "D-Echo personilised". plus_un

** : I strongly advise you to read his tuto first as most of the explainations are in it.

PREAMBLE :

Link to download Blender (3D software) right here

Link to download Gimp (Picture editing) voilà

BASIC KEY you'll use a lot with Blender:

Numpad
1 to go on front view (when the mouse cursor is on 3D view window);
3 right view
7 top view
5 to change from perspective to orthogonal mode (most of the time, I use the orthogonal one, i'll explain later why)
Ctrl+1 rear view
Ctrl+3 left view
Ctrl+7 bottom view
the point "." to zoom on the selected object and put it in the middle of the 3D view window

Mouse
Press the mouse wheel and maintain to move your object
Move the wheel to zoom in or out
Left clic to position the 3D cursor (the one who look's like snipper visor)
Right clic to select an object
Shift+mouse wheel to move what you see one the window up or down
Ctrl+mouse wheel to move what you see one the window  left or right
Ctrl+up Arrow to put your window(where your mouse cursor will be), on full screen mode, or return on multi windows mode.

Tab key to move from edit mode to object mode
"b" to make a "Box selection" together with the mouse left clic

Cursor : when you left clic anywhere, that's the sign in form of sniper visor.

Guismo : central point of what you selected (whatever verticles, edges, faces, or objects) whyte circle with the three colored arrows (blue point X axle positive value backward, red arrow pointing Z axle positive value to the top, green arrow pointing Y axle positive value to the right).

Changing between verticle/edge/face mode :
facese10.png

Getting rid of useless windows (like "Timeline" in the bottom of the screen) :
suppri11.png
clic on the triangle in the top right corner of the "Timeline" window, and drag it up to the "3D" window.
Change the mode of the new window to "3D" by clic on the icon on the bottom left.

I ) THE MOST IMPORTANT : searches

I skip the details of the search part where I whent to the Net to find what ever is available.
My favorit one :
My friend GOOGLE images
where I typed the words in different order to find as much as possible, and open the interesting pictures in a new window to access the site where it is.
Go trough all each site as you migh find additionnal informations or details (difference between the Eclipse 500, the Total Eclipse and the Eclipse 550).

Do not easitate to type the key words you might see in your favorite search engine as you might find more pertinant details.

Youtube is quite usefull as well, to download video were you will be able to see parts of the plane that you wont see on the pictures. (I use to take screenshots from it for the parts I will work on later, instead to view again the complete video to see a pertinant detail).
http://www.airliners.net is as well as good sourcing.

So, hours ..... days later ...................

II ) FOLDERS ORGANISATION

First of all (I almost forgot because it is so obvious), little bit of organisation.
I create a folder :
Dev-Eclipse550 (the working folder)

In the Dev folder, I create the following sub-folders :
- Eclipse-550 (the future FG folder, trying to get the name as simple as possible, I could have call it "E-550").
- Cabine (where I will put what ever will be in this one)
- Cockpit   -- // --
- Docs-Plans (where I put the downloaded 3D views, the brochures from the factory, video downloaded from Youtube, etc.)
- Instruments (where I will put what ever I found about this ones, close pictures, video, text)
- Screenshots (where I put the original of what I post on the forum).

III ) PREPARING OF THE GUIDE 3 VIEWS DRAWING

We suppose that you download a 3D view the best quality you could find.
The best one I found so far are on the factory site :
http://www.eclipseaerospace.net/550.php
Copyright http://www.eclipseaerospace.net

[EDIT 12Jan2015]
It's explained in Emmanuel's tutorial but,
You may have to work little bit on the 3D view to put the pictures strait.
Some times, the tip of the left wing is not level compare the the right wing on front view.
Same for the side view, where the main plane axe is not exactly parrallele to the ground.
And also, on top view, the tip of the wings may not be at the same distance from the front.

So, you must have :
- Side view where you see the right side (that you will put one the inside back face of your cube, remember the "Blender front view" is "our left side view")
- Top view, the nose of the plane pointing your left (that you'll put on the inside bottom face of your cube)
- Front view (that you'll put on the inside right face of your cube)
[/EDIT 12Jan2015]

IV ) CREATION OF THE GUIDE CUBE

The first step (already explained in Emmanuel's tutorial) is to make a volume witch will mainly guide us to locate the main body but also different objects.
One the same page, you will find the aircraft dimentions.
I think you manage to create a "cube" that you gave the same dimentions :
addobj10.png

x : 10.19 Blender units (witch lukylly for us, match with our metric system). X being the axe of our planes lengh.
y : 11.56 Y being the axe of our planes width.
z :   3.35 Z being the axe of our planes high.
diment10.png

HINTS :
- To help me during modeling, I edit the cube and delete the verticle on top/front/left side of the future plane. This delete the front, left and top face of the cube that I wont need.
- I setup in the "Transform" menu on the right side, under "Shadin" the option "Back face culling", so I wont see the picture while looking through the face.

V ) APPLY THE 3 VIEWS ON INSIDE FACE OF THE CUBE

If you want to keep the guide (cube) to see the proportions of your plane, you can put the 3 view pictures on the inside faces of the cube.

Try first to check that you are on correct settup for picture rendering.
In 3D window, "Object mode",
Menu "Transformation" left column (type "n" to show or hide it),
under "Shading", select the case "Textured solid".

While modeling, it may be interesting to deselect this one as you'll see better the rendering of your object (to detect wrong normals, gap between to edges, overlap of faces, and so one), or to switch between "Solid" mode and "Wireframe mode :
object10.png

Then you can put the drawings on the faces,

In 3D window, select your cube with right clic, the go on edit mode (TAB key), switch on face mode, select the plane back face, press Ctrl+numpad 3 to see your cube from the front (witch is left ortho in Blender), and open new window on UV/Image Editor mode.
Look at the top right corner of your 3D window, clic on the triangle just in the corner, maintain and drag on left to the middle of the window.
look at the bottom left of this new window and clic on the icon
ouvert10.png
Select  UV/Image Editor, then clic on the bottom menu barre on "open image"
openim10.png
a new window open to let you go to fetch your front  picture, normally in
//..../Dev-Eclips550/Docs-Plans
You can see listed by names, or thumbnails
choixi10.png
double clic on the picture file name
put your mouse cursor in 3D view, type "u", a new window opens, choose "Project from view"
back on UV editor view, ctrl+up arrow to put it on full screen, if it is not already selected (shall be in yellow), type "a" to select the face, type "g" to move it on the top of the picture in the center of the plane (press Shift to move slowly), right clic to stop moving
If you need to adjust the sise, play with "s" to change in all directions at once, or  "s+y" to change only the hight, "s+x" to change the width.
You may have to use again "g" to move again at the right position.

If you don't see the picture in the cube on 3D view, your "normal" for the face may have to be swap the other way.
Left "Transform" column, "Shading/UVs", "Flip Direction", et voilà !
You can do the same operation for top view and side view.

VI ) PUT 3 VIEW DRAWINGS AS ORTHO BACKGROUND VIEW

I edit the 3 view pictures (merci Gimp),and cut the edges right to the edges of the drawing.
I'll use these as background pictures in the 3D view.
Menu "Transform", under "Background image (that you must tick the square case), option "Add image", then select your axis (Top, Right, Left ....).
bcgndi11.png
I don't explain the details, as you have just to read what on the different settings.

VI ) STARTING FUSELAGE

So, we are ready to beguin the modeling.
I'll explain the way I'm doing it, but you have to know that there are different way to do it.
Depend of how you are confortable with Blender, and the shape of the model, and so one.
- You can start from a plane (like you did D-Echo),
- You can start from a circle and extrude it along the body
- and so one......

As the shape is quite regular, series of cones from the nose to the tail, I will beguin by a circle just after the nose.
eclips12.png
Copyright http://www.eclipseaerospace.net
I choose the line just in front of the hood (anyway, look's like a hood to access the plane equipments)
You can see here

I click on it about in the middle between (merci Dédé) top and bottom of it.
The "shift+a", "Add/Mesh/circle".
Look on "Tools" menu on the left (key "t" to show it if it is not visible), on the verry bottom there is a "+" sign, so clic on it to get the "Add circle menu".
Do not edit or move the circle at this time because you wont access any more to these setup and will have to do every thing one by one.
setup the different figures, like :
- "verticles" number that we will set at 32. We can put little bit less as the shape is regular all along the fuselage;
- "Radius" to 0.3 as I check on the 3D right ortho view where I saw 6 squares (10cm per square);
- I wont change the location of the circle cntral point as I put my cursore at the right place when I clic on the drawing in the 3D view.
- "Rotation" on "y" axe of 90°.
Then, I can go to the 3D view "front ortho" to adjust the circle.
On front view mode :
"s" to change the side if it is too narow or to high, moving the mouse to adjust (you can press and maintain the shift key just after type s+y to reduce the movement).
Then depend of the shape :
- or I go on top view and adjust the width with a "s+y" and move the mouse to adjust, and then extrude the next one,
- or extrude the following circles and the go to the top view to adjust them.

As I said, the simple shape of the 550, I keep my front view and extrude.
"e+enter" to extrude (or tools left menu, extrude region), and move the new circle to the next pertinant place.
Generally, where the chape is changing or where you anticipate to cut something later (just befor the windshield for instance).

Then you repeat the same operation till the end of the tail where you will "close" you "tube", with the last circle by a "tools menu/Remove/Merge/at center".
You can go back to finish the nose part the same way. Do not easitate to make more close circles as you approach the tip of the nose (see my screenshot).

VII ) ADJUST CIRCLES SHAPE TO THE BODY ON THE DRAWING

Lets change the high of the circles.
On 3D window, Front ortho view "1", go on edit mode "tab" or menu in bottom, select the verticle mode,
select all verticles with a "b" and mouse, or "right clic" on one of them, and "shift+Alt+right clic" on the next one on the same circle (it shall select all the verticles from this circle (you might have to clic for the secound, the one just after the first one selected to get it work, or vice-versa, select the first one, then a secound one but not just after this, oposite one in the circle shall do the trick).
Select ONLY ONE circle, because if you select more, when you will reduce with "s", you get closer of the central pint of what you selected (after selection, this cenral point is where the guismo will be), the diameter will change of cource to get closer of the guismo, but also the distance between circles !!

If you want to change only the high but not the width, do an "s+z" before to move your mouse.
After you change the sise, if you need to move the circle up or down, clic and maintain the blue arrow from the guismo, and move with your mouse. If you want to be precise, press the shift key while moving.

Go on top view and adjust the width of each circle, with the same process as from the side view

ET VOILA ................ at this stage, you shoud have a nice beguining of an Eclipse 550 body !!!

##### WARNING ######  WARNING ######  WARNING ######

At this stage, I would strongly recommand you to save your work regularely so you can go back if you messup too much and do not know what to do.
I use to save as "Name of the plane-2015Mar15", or "NameOfTheModified zone-2015Mar15",
so if I have to come back or If I need an object that I have deleted accidentally, I can take it from there and put in my working scene.

VIII ) MAKING HOLES FOR  DOORS AND WINDOWS

I speak about this subject now as D-Echo requested it, but normally, it would be better to do it later, just after finishing the interior.
So you can jump to para N° IV and ...... ( I'll put the para number here when I'm at this stage in my tuto).

Now that we have the body made, we can see how to create the windows and door(s)

Again, there are few way to do it, so here his mine :
Way N° 1 : We will use the boolean tool and knife tool.
Way N° 2 : Make the holes by hand, and merge the edges with the body

Let say that we have window with rectangular shape, but rounded corners.
We will make an object with this shape to "cut" the plane's body at the location where we need windows (That's where you see it was important to have our circles while building the body, the best way being to have one just before the window and one just after, so when we cut the body with our "punch" object, it will control the way that the bolean tool make additional face all around the window).

a) CREATING THE PUNCH OBJECT

I go back on object mode with tab key.
Put in side view (our side view, witch is front view numpad key 1)
In wireframe mode to see my plane image in the background.
I left clic in the middle of a side window.
Then I creat a cylinder with shift+a, add mech, cylinder.
Same as the circle, do not edit it before you finish to setup sises and rotation.
I go to the left transform menu, on the bottom where I have now an Add Cylinder tool menu,
change the number of verticles to 20, as we would need only 4 verticle per corner witch is enough, so 4 on top lef + 1 space + 4 on top right + 1 space + 4 on botton right + 1 space + 4 on the bottom left + 1 space.
Its up to you to have more or less.
I turn my cylinder on y axis to 90° to see its shape,
Then I change the radius to a sise that the circle will be close to the angles shape,
I change the depth so the cylinder go through both side of the body so I will cut the 2 side in the same time,
Now, I can move and edit my object.
In object mode, I pull it against the top line of the window in the background drawing.
In edit mode, tab key, I select the 4 points who will make our top left corner and the 4 points of the bottom left corner, and pull them to the left border of the window,
I do the same for the right side, then I select both bottom corners and drag them to the bottom.
If needed, I adjust it to fit the window drawing.

So my "punch" object is ready.

b) CONTROL OF THE NEW FACES AFTER CUTTING

By using the boolean tool, it will create additional face dividing existing ones according to the shape of our punch.
So we will choose where the new cut will be with the help of the knife.
But in the way for you to better understand, let's try first without using the knife :

go back to object mode, put it back on solid mode, select the "plane's body" object,
on the properties window
materi10.png
clic on the "Add Modifier" icon (looking like wrench), then in 3add Modifier" tag,
choose "Boolean", then on the "operation" menu choose "Difference", and to tell him what difference clic on object field where you see a cube, and select your "Punch object in the list.
So at this stage, before aplying the boolean modifier, you can check the result by hyding the punch object and see what it will do :
In the "Outliner" window,
export11.png
clic on the icon loooking like an eye in front of the punch object name.
If you like what you see, then clic on "Apply".
Warning, applying modifiers works only in object mode, so do not forgot to check if you are in this mode before applying.
Do not forgot to clic again on the eye to see your punch object as you may forgot it and export it by mistake later.

If you are not happy with what you see, we will use the knife to control the distrotion.
Get your punch visible again by cliking again to the eye icon.
edit your plane's body, type the "k" key, move your mouse pointer as close as possible to your punck object, just before one of the body's edge, clic and move your mouse where you want the cut made all arround the punch object.
Each time you crass an edge, you will see a red square to show you where the cut will be on this particular edge.
When you have selected all the cuts, release the mouse button and type "enter" to confirm.
You can do this at once all arround, but also in few different times, as long as you sart the same place you stop the previous cut.

Then you can use the boolean tool as described before.

c) CLEANING OF THE INSIDE OF THE BODY

Now we have 2 nice holes in our body, but with a kind on tube in between.
So simply delete the edges to get ride of this tube.
I usually go in wireframe mode, to view, so I see better my tube edge and can select them with "b" and mouse, then "x" or "delete" and choose "edge only" in the list.
Here is how I made the punches for my main doors and gear doors :
captur12.png

d) WAY N°2

Let say that you have only one hole of this kind to do:

Edit you plane body object,
in verticle mode, select all the verticles witch will bee arround the window,
or in face mode, select the face(s) where will be the window,
shift+s, "cursor to selected", so the 3D cursor will be ruffly in the middle of the future window, or at least close to it.
Then on verticle mode, create a circle by shift+a, add circle, and change the side and turn it the same way you made the cylinder.
If verticle from the body are inside this new circle, delete them.
Still on verticle mode, select all the verticle from this new circle, and all the verticle arround from the body.
go in edge mode, so you'll see two separate lines,
one for the circle and one for the edge of the body, they shall not touch each other with common verticle or common edge.
We will the merge these 2 lines to creat new faces,
HINT, if like me you forgot the short key to do so, just hit the space barre and type "edge", it will give you all the function name in regard with edge. choose "Bridge Edge Loops"

Et voilà, you have nice hole in your plane's body !!

IX ) MAKING A SINGLE DOOR

So I asume you did not cut your body yet at the door(s) location.
If you did it already and do not want to go back, no worries, see part b) where I explain an other way to make a door.

a ) MAKING DOOR HOLE IN A CLEAN BODY

We will again use the boolean tool the same way that in Para VIII.
We will just make a copy of our plane's body so the original object will receive the hole so we will empty this zone,
and the copy object will be the exact invers, so we will use the hole as door.

So we have made our "Punch Object" (as explained in Para VIII/a).
In object mode, clic on your Body object to select it, in left transform column clic on "Duplicate" so you shal see in the Outliner list a new object named "Body.001" just bellow your original "Body".
Clic on your Body object to select it and then place your punch object to cut the hole as explained before.

Do not move your punch object.
You may want to use the Knife tool, but this time, you will have to cut your Body.001 object INSIDE your punch object
select your Body.001 object, use the boolean tool, but this time keep the default "Operation" witch is "Intersect".
Apply your tool, edit your Body.001 object and get ride of useless verticles and edges.

You can now rename your Body.001 on "FrontDoorRh" or what ever.
Remeber to use as chort as possible names, so "DoorFrtRh" shal be enough :
I put the main object name first so when I have to search for it I could find it kickly, so Door in this case,
Its the front one, so I put Frt,
Its on the right hand side, so I put Rh.
I would do the same for ApOnOffSwLever : The switch lever to put On or Off the AutoPilot, if I put it with complete panel,
LeverOnOff, if I make separate file dedicated to the AP.

b ) MAKING DOOR IN PUNCHED BODY

Edit your Body object, switch on Edit mode, select all the verticles from the door frame,
on the right transform column, clic on duplicate, hit the space barre (as I never remeber the short cut), type sep stand for "separate" and clic on it in the list (where you have in fact only one choice).
Go back on Object mode and select your new object (normally "Body.001").
Rename it to "DoorWhatever",
Switch on Edit mode and wireFrame mode, hit "a" to select all verticles if it was not yet in yellow,
Extrude the selection few cm inside your body,
go on Edge mode and deselect the top lines from the extruded part, as well as the bottom lines, and Bridge Edge Loops as explained in Para VIII/b.

Et voilà, you have a new door.

XI) FIND A VERTICLE COORDINATE IN BLENDER

On your 3D window, get the "Transform" menu with "n", if it is not visible,
Right clic on the object or on the verticle you are looking for the coordonate,
then look on the top of the "Transform" column, you will have the x,y and z location.

If you celected an edge, it will be the median point between the two ends.
If you selected an object, it will be the origin of this object.

Let say we need to find the contact point of a gear wheel :
put your plane on side view (numpad 1), select the wheel, go on edit mode, select the lowest verticle.
That's it, you can see now what is the exact location of the wheel's contact point with the ground.
Just be sure you selected the right side if it is a main gear's wheel, because on side view, you migh select the wrong one. So just press the scroll wheel on your mouse, move a little bit to see what you've selected.

Now that we know how to make the outside, let's beguin the next tutorial for the inside.....

Dernière modification par Didier1963 (2015-05-08 14:23:38)

Pourquoi cet avatar : il a réussi à les arrêter LUI au moins.......
Amicalement, Didier, Poitiers 86; LFBI alt 129m, 46°35'22.9"N 0°18'32.7"E
"Ils ne savaient pas que c'était impossible, alors ils l'on fait" Marc Twain

#2 2015-02-12 15:00:47

D-ECHO
Créateur

Re : Eclipse 550 tuto N°1 : Modeling the outside body

Well, Im at the adjustment of the pictures, but it seems like there is a problem with the wingspan:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yid4inuew9de2 … 3.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nor0qw2wl57q7 … 4.jpg?dl=0

#3 2015-02-12 15:14:08

Didier1963
Developpeur

Thèse drawing are not technical
[EDIT Feb13-2015]
I mean, there are made only to show to the customers the different mesurement of the plane.
As the conception of the plane have been made by computer with professional software, these "advertising" drawings wont be 100% accurate.
[/EDIT Feb13-2015]
So y ou night bave to correct them
They migh not be symetric
Copy one side and mâle mirror to put on thé top of thé other

Sorry for thé  wrong typing i an at work with my smartphone

Dernière modification par Didier1963 (2015-02-13 14:45:48)

#4 2015-02-12 15:22:54

D-ECHO
Créateur

Sorry, I dont understand the half of your post interrogation
But I have given you the wrong images: This is the real problem:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdl7ek2jkvy8u … 5.jpg?dl=0

Dernière modification par D-ECHO (2015-02-12 15:32:19)

#5 2015-02-12 16:50:10

Didier1963
Developpeur

I see,

You put it the wrong way.
Turn your picture 90° anti clock wise. (the nose pointing on your left, or if it is easier, the red arrow showinf the tail direstion and the green arrow showing the right wing).

the center lign of your plane must be on the X axe so the tip of the nose will be on value x= - 5.xx (or something like that), an the tail must be on value x= - 5.xx.
then the tip of the left wing will be at y= -6.80 and the right tip at 6.80

When you got the drawing, be sure that it is on line :
You may have one wing tip lower than the oposite in front view,
The main axe (from nose to tail) may not be parralele to the ground in side view,
But, this last one may have being done in purpose.

So the front view may not match the side view.

I did modify the front view.
I copy the left half of the plane (starting from the center, to the tip of the right wing), and make miror copy to have exactly the symetri one for the other half of the plane (from the center to the tip of the left wing.

See the EDIT note I just put on message #1

Dernière modification par Didier1963 (2015-02-12 17:13:09)

#6 2015-02-13 08:25:53

D-ECHO
Créateur

In your tutorial you write " delete the verticle on top/front/left side of the future plane.", but where to do this? Ive searched in the "Transform-Menu", but I didnt find anything...

#7 2015-02-13 12:01:23

Didier1963
Developpeur

In 3D window, in verticle mode :
facese10.png
The first icon is to select verticles, the secound to select edges, and le third to select faces. The next one is to hide/show what you can see in transparency (to avoid to select by mistake something on back of what you wanted to select initialy).

Left clic on the verticle to select it
key "Delete", a window will open, then clic "Verticle" on the window.

#8 2015-02-13 16:05:44

D-ECHO
Créateur

Ok, next question, how to put the pictures on the inside faces of the cube? In the transform menu, I have done this with the background images, but they dont appear on the faces of the cube...
Thanks in advance

#9 2015-02-13 16:42:29

Didier1963
Developpeur

OK, I'll edit the message #1 to explain you.
I though It was on Emmanuel's tutorial.

#10 2015-02-14 11:27:32

D-ECHO
Créateur

Sorry, again a question, and again I didnt get very far...
Now: Ive done the things you have written in your EDIT, but even if I press "Flip Direction" (under Normals), the picture doesnt appear in the cube.
See screenshot for more infoImage

#11 2015-02-14 13:13:32

Didier1963
Developpeur

Try that :
In 3D window,
Object mode,
Menu Transformation left column,
under "Shading", select the case "Textured solid".

While modeling, it may be interesting to deselect this one as you'll see better the rendering of your object (to detect wrong normals, gap between to edges, overlap of faces, and so one).

#12 2015-02-14 13:47:46

D-ECHO
Créateur

Okay, thanks, it has worked - at least for the first image. The next ones are just showed as white on the cube and I cant scale/rotate them .
Please help faq

#13 2015-02-14 16:46:00

Didier1963
Developpeur

Hy every body,

I love what just happened !! smile
That's tipically in the spirit of sharing ideas between us.

One of our tutorial reader gave me a great suggestion.

You have noticed that this tutorial, initially made for a short explainantion, is taking more and more sise.

So, I will have to organise the message #1 little bit better, so we can refer to precise location in the text for a question or remark.

Frans-Albert, gave me a list of paragraph tittles to put at the beguining of each phase.
So I will implement it.

Thanks F.A. for your great contribution. plus_un

Dernière modification par Didier1963 (2015-02-14 16:47:22)

#14 2015-02-14 17:30:16

Didier1963
Developpeur

On UV/Image view, do not forgot to select the face you want to apply a texture.

Press "a" to select or deselect every thing at once. The will swap from white color to yelleow color so you know what is selected.
Then you shall be able to rotate, resise, etc.

EDIT :

You have to select what you want to texture twice !
Once on 3D widow, and the on UV/Image window. That because you can put different texture on two or more part of the same object. Just be sure that you use only one texture picture.

Dernière modification par Didier1963 (2015-02-15 12:14:26)

#15 2015-02-15 09:05:04

D-ECHO
Créateur

Its always the same: Everything I try, the first picutre is always there, but not really identifiable, and the next pictures are just dark gray.
So my question: Is it possible to do this without this guide cube and just with background images?

#16 2015-02-15 12:24:04

Didier1963
Developpeur

Of cource you can do it without.
Only with background pictures.

I use the cube only to sttup my background 3 view pictures to make the body, then taht the body who help me to put different pictures I need to see better details (servicing doors, antennas, rivets, etc....).

#17 2015-02-15 13:05:54

favdb
Créateur

Il faudrait distinguer la description d'une phase et l'énumération des opération. Pour exemple, je reprends le V), sans les images:

V ) APPLY THE 3 VIEWS ON INSIDE FACE OF THE CUBE

If you want to keep the guide (cube) to see the proportions of your plane, you can put the 3 view pictures on the inside faces of the cube.

Try first to check that you are on correct setup for picture rendering. In 3D window:

• TAB to switch between "Object mode" and "Edit mode", fix it to "Object mode"

• Menu "Transformation" left column (type "n" to show or hide it),

• under "Shading", select "Textured solid".

While modeling, it may be interesting to deselect this one as you'll see better the rendering of your object (to detect wrong normals, gap between to edges, overlap of faces, and so one).

Then you can put the drawings on the faces. In 3D window:

• select your cube with right clic,

• then go on edit mode (TAB key),

• switch on face mode,

• select the plane back face,

• press Ctrl+numpad 3 to see your cube from the front (witch is left ortho in Blender),

• open new window on UV/Image Editor mode

How to open a new window and select the vue? Look at the top right corner of your 3D window, clic on the triangle just in the corner, maintain and drag on left to the middle of the window. Look at the bottom left of this new window and clic on the icon and select  UV/Image Editor.
ouvert10.png

• then clic on the bottom menu barre on "open image"
    openim10.png
    a new window open to let you go to fetch your front  picture, normally in //..../Dev-Eclips550/Docs-Plans

• double clic on the picture file name

• put your mouse cursor in 3D view, type "u", a new window opens,

• choose "Project from view"

Back on UV editor view,

• ctrl+up arrow to put it on full screen,

• if it is not already selected (shall be in yellow), type "a" to select the face,

• type "g" to move it on the top of the picture in the center of the plane (press Shift to move slowly), left clic to stop moving

If you need to adjust the sise:

• play with "s" to change in all directions at once, or  "s+y" to change only the hight, "s+x" to change the width.

You may have to use again "g" to move again at the right position.

If you don't see the picture in the cube on 3D view, your "normal" for the face may have to be swap the other way.

• Left "Transform" column, "Shading/UVs", "Flip Direction"

...et voilà !

You can do the same operation for top view and side view.

Dernière modification par favdb (2015-02-15 13:06:41)

#18 2015-02-16 15:35:15

D-ECHO
Créateur

So Ive created the Circles and extruted them. But now I dont understand how to get further.
Could maybe post some screenshots of the work since my stadium? That would be really helpful for me wink

#19 2015-02-16 17:18:06

Didier1963
Developpeur

Hy guys,

Thanks F.A. for your suggestions.

The organisation of this tuto may look strange for you.
I doing it "Live", between 2 or 3 other things (modelisation, programing, etc.), so when I explain how to do something and commes in my mind like error not to do, I put some note strait after my explaination.
Anyway, I'll modify the tuto as you propose, because, of cource, it will be more clear.

D-Echo,
I'll put more details at the end of the tuto, how to adjust your circles.

#20 2015-02-17 07:42:55

D-ECHO
Créateur

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcyd56bm93ftj … 78jpg?dl=0
Doesnt that look great? lol
Well, no, I for sure have to do it again with more circles and so on, but I think it already looks.... funny! lol
[EDIT: One hour later ]
Well, everytime I try, I get something like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ud8fggt4ophjm … 79jpg?dl=0
But Ive still got one week of holidays... wink

Dernière modification par D-ECHO (2015-02-17 08:26:38)

#21 2015-02-17 16:51:01

D-ECHO
Créateur

Im making progress smile
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qq7km7qg3g9u3 … 80jpg?dl=0
Ok, ok, I now, I still have to redo the ending, and I still have to do the nose, but I think it looks already pretty ok...
So at the moment no more interrogation

#EDIT: A few hours later...#
Now, I should be at the status you call "at this stage, you shoud have a nice beguining of an Eclipse 550 body !!!"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jle741xlmwr1o … 81jpg?dl=0
Is this okay?

Thanks for your tutorial until now!

Dernière modification par D-ECHO (2015-02-17 18:11:40)

#22 2015-03-09 09:00:45

Beech C18S
Membre
Lieu : Toulouse

coud oui no whaï zis poste ize in ingliche ?

#23 2015-03-09 09:26:57

Didier1963
Developpeur

Iesse soeur,
bicôse it ouase mède faure D-Heco wou dou n'hote s'pique frêneche

#24 2015-03-15 00:04:49

Didier1963
Developpeur

Hy all
I put part VIII how to make windows and doors holes in the body,
so have look............

Dernière modification par Didier1963 (2015-03-15 00:05:15)

#25 2015-03-15 06:42:23

D-ECHO
Créateur

First of all: Thanks very much for the ongoing of the tutorial!!.
But again I need extra help faq :
First: Is the circle created right in this pic? https://www.dropbox.com/s/a92d91n783wxe … 2.jpg?dl=0
And, if its wrong, could you maybe post a screenshot at the state, when the punch object is made?
Second thing: Where is this eye in the outliner window? (What is the outliner window...?)
Sorry if Im asking things you have already explaned.
Thanks in Advance
D-ECHO

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par FluxBB 1.4.8